Sunday 8 December 2013

Myanmar style curry

A proper Burmese curry comes with a standard layer of oil on top. It’s just the way curries are done in Myanmar. You can of course, decant the oil elsewhere but I’d recommend you leave a least a tad – there’s tons of flavour hidden within this layer of grease.


I don’t have a clue how to say the name of this place so you might have to show the picture of this business card (below) to a cab driver or a local. So whilst it might be a tad tough to get to, the adventure, and more importantly, the food, will make it all worth the trouble. My favourite, hands down, is pone gye yii, a black bean paste pork belly curry from the Bagan region (pictured above).  Nutty, earthy, fatty and well, damn good. This place also does a mean mutton curry and dal.






3 comments:

  1. It's pronounce like Da Nu Phyu(sounds like nude but with 'p' sound) Daw Saw Yee. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog frequently and I just thought I’d say keep up the amazing work! Amerikansk visumansökan

    ReplyDelete